RE: Why The Collapse Of The American Empire Is The Best Thing Ever
Response to Lester Golden’s profoundly nonsensical comments.
A big part of the operating here is that you get to read those who disagree with you in good time.
And when this happens, it is incumbent upon the writer to respond or not.
Given my philosophical approach of responding to every comment, it is almost impossible to ignore when a fellow writer makes a series of arguments which can best be described as nonsensical.
I do not know who Lester Golden is or what he represents, but I would be remiss if I didn’t respond to his comments about my article on the imminent demise of the American empire.
For those who may have or have not seen his response, I have reproduced it below:
Let’s count the inaccuracies herein:
1. Nixon said in 1970: “we’re all Keynesians now”. When Nixon took the US off the gold standard in August 1971 it was a Keynesian measure. Keynes wanted Britain off the gold standard in the 1920s and 30s since he understood its deflationary impact.
2. “currency debasement”: China is the world champion of big economy currency debasers. The chart is at minute 2:07 of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovvQdCmnCLo
Evergrande’s and Country Garden’s bankruptcies and debt defaults are symptomatic of a CCP-mafia with a flag kleptocracy that based its legitimacy on phony bubblicious growth that depended on real estate for 29% of its GDP. Now the Chinese economy is imploding like America’s in 1929–33.
3. “The PRC….an economic backwater for the last two centuries” — The PRC was founded on October 1, 1949 after the CCP’s victory in the civil war that began in the 1920s. Last I heard, Mao didn’t live for 200+ years.
4. “elevated nation-states from the yoke of American imperialism” — Ask Vietnam, Taiwan, South Korea, the Philippines, Japan, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia if they prefer the nearby or the distant bully’s yoke. Vietnam is a strategic ally of the USA in all but name.
5. “French overlords” — So Wagner and its atrocities represent liberation…