Its latest undertaking shows how steeped in anachronism and completely out of step with the modern world, the roman catholic church is.
Not unless you have been living under a rock lately, you will have read in the papers or online that a number of catholic bishops were preparing a document to officially rebuke the President of the United States, Joseph R. Biden, on his position on abortion and his government’s policy on funding for programs relating to human fetus research.
To them, Joe Biden’s liberal world view is entirely incompatible and inconsistent with the tenets of the Catholicism, which means that there’s every chance that America’s second catholic president, after JFK, could be banned from receiving communion, or worse, excommunicated from the church, if the ultra conservative bishops have their way.
The President’s take on the subject matter of his impending ban, has been somewhat sanguine as the YouTube video below shows.
Given the ferocity with which the issue of the abortion is being pursued, by the establishment, one wonders why the church is stridently silent on the following issues:
· Systemic racism
· Slavery and reparations.
· The turning away of refugees from America’s borders.
· Exploitation of poor Americans by the morally bankrupt capitalist system.
· Failing to address the years of systematic abuse by various priests across the country.
· The plethora of unjust wars fought across the middle east.
· The killing of George Floyd and the Black lives matter movement.
· The fair distribution of vaccines all over the world, during the pandemic season.
· The forced removal and genocide of indigenous people in Canada from 1831–1976, the effects of which are still reverberating today.